UML and Fonts when changing monitor resolution

Hello,

I've been using dia 0.88.1 for a short while now and have been pretty
happy with it. Recently, I had to adjust my monitor's resolution in X from
1600x1200 to 1280x1024. When I did so, all of my UML diagrams went wonky
on me. None of the connection lines lined up correctly (some would
magically go back into place when I selected one of the objects) and many
of my class labels exceeded the width of the actual class shape/box.

It's odd because it works perfectly fine at 1600x1200, but only seems to
have problems when I move to 1280x1024.

Any suggestions for a solution to this problem? I've read in the archives
that fonts seem to be an issue. Is there any way to lie to Dia about the
fonts that are there? For instance, can I point a font definition for
font a to font b as a way to fool dia into using the smaller font so
that things fit? My eyes are just too old for the higher resolution
anymore.

--cameron