Re: WIN32 compilation, the spirit of GNU software.

Le Thu, Aug 22, 2002, à 05:34:46PM +0100, Alan Horkan a écrit:

> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/downld.html
> i dont know if the windows files are included in the tarball

They are, **to the best of our knowledge**. Some might have escaped, because
really no-one builds for Win32 except from the CVS tree, and the Win32 port
is not a good autotools citizen (for lack of platform capability, I'd sneak
;-) )

> On a less friendly and forgiving list you would have been banned by now,
> called several insulting names and probably a few other things.

I think some of this process has started. Banning is pretty much pointless
however (but that doesn't prevent individual killfiles from working).

> think very carefully before you bring this matter up again.  go to
> gnu.org, ask them, get an expert opinion.  if that expert agrees with you
> then get them to request we make some improvements.

In fact, I think he has burnt his chance of bringing that topic, period. In
another life, with another identity and a different social skill set, he
might try again.

Grumpf.