Re: building cvs snapshot

Le lun, sep 03, 2001, à 06:47:19 +0100, Nicholas Piper a écrit:

> So Dia *is* finding the files... Just not adding them to the GUI
> widget.

good.

> It looks normal, but I'm pasting UML.sheet below in case you notice
> something wrong with it.

It should have translations in it ; you currently have an untranslated file.
Hmmm. xml-i18n-tools problem (perhaps not the one which is causing the
absence of tools).

Could you try to grab the "translated sheets" tarball from the snapshot
place, and replace *one* sheet file, and see what happens ?

(assuming this tarball is not corrupt, which might be possible).

> Before I do that, there is a second issue. My .dia directory was
> existing from 0.88 Dia. If I delete ~/.dia/pluginrc and then run Dia
> 0.89-test and quit twice, on the *second* time I get ;

> /home/nicholas/.dia/pluginrc:1: error: Unsupported encoding ANSI_X3.4-1968
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ANSI_X3.4-1968"?>

You're the second person to report this encoding (unless you happen to work
for Lucent). What the hell is happening ?

I don't fully understand the big picture.
What I understand happens:
   * the pluginrc is loaded. It was produced by an older version, so
encoding specification is absent, and latin1 is assumed.
   * pluginrc is saved. It is saved using the local encoding. This is the
broken libxml1 code base at work here: the encoding spec is written, but
libxml doesn't really know what it's doing.
   * we reload dia. It sees an encoding specification. We load using the
libxml2 parser bundled into recent libxml1's. That parser knows what an
encoding is ; unfortunately, it doesn't know what X3.4-1968 is.

You know what ? http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/1.0.10021.7.1.0.6.html

this is the pedantic way of saying "US-ASCII".

I'm adding right now a check to get_local_charset(). And writing apologies
in the bugzilla.

Grumpf.