Re: XML Stuff in Sheet and Shape Definitions

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Jamin Collins wrote:

> I'm working on some basic Chapin shapes for Dia, but I'm a little unsure of
> what some of the XML in the .shape and .sheet files are for.  It appears to
> be important as the sheets and shapes don't load without it.  However, it
> also appears to be some what specific.  Could someone please explain (or
> simply point me toward documentation that explains) the following and/or
> what of this should be changed for my new shapes?
>
> <shape xmlns="http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns"
>
> xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/03/WD-SVG-20000303/DTD/svg-20000303-sty
> lable.dtd">

In dia-0.88.x, the SVG namespace has been changed to match the final
recommendation.  So changing your shape files to read
  xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"

should make them work correctly.  The Dia shape namespace identifier can
be left as it is.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au