XML Stuff in Sheet and Shape Definitions

I'm working on some basic Chapin shapes for Dia, but I'm a little unsure of
what some of the XML in the .shape and .sheet files are for.  It appears to
be important as the sheets and shapes don't load without it.  However, it
also appears to be some what specific.  Could someone please explain (or
simply point me toward documentation that explains) the following and/or
what of this should be changed for my new shapes?

<shape xmlns="http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns"

xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/03/WD-SVG-20000303/DTD/svg-20000303-sty
lable.dtd">

Sorry for the ignorance, but I haven't been able to find anything on this
(probably looking in the wrong area).

Jamin W. Collins