Re: merging layers

Robert sagde:
> I think I may've went too crazy with layers on my first diagram.
>
> At the time I figured I could always Cut/Paste between layers so merging
> layers would never be a big deal.
> Now I find that cutting & pasteing severes connections (and it makes
> perect sense that it does).
>
> I'd like to consolidate a few layers together.
> Is there an easy way to do this?
> Or, is there a mode to let you move & edit all objects from all layers
> when making big changes?

Alan's workaround of using an editor should indeed work.  Version 0.94
also allows you to select which layersyou can connect to, but not which
ones you can select in.  It would be easy to add a "merge layers" function
to the layers dialog, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

> I'm new here.
> If this sort of q is off topic, just let me know and you'll have my
> apologies :-)

Very much on topic, no worries.