Re: merging layers

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Robert wrote:

> Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:05:10 -0500
> From: Robert <5b4z8ak02 sneakemail com>
> To: dia-list gnome org
> Subject: merging layers
>
> I think I may've went too crazy with layers on my first diagram.
>
> At the time I figured I could always Cut/Paste between layers so merging
> layers would never be a big deal.

> Now I find that cutting & pasteing severes connections (and it makes
> perect sense that it does).

Not sure about preserving connections but my quick test showed that
opening up a Dia file in a text editor (I never compress my Dia files) and
deleting a few layer open and layer close tags works quite well so you
migth give that a try.

> I'd like to consolidate a few layers together.
> Is there an easy way to do this?
> Or, is there a mode to let you move & edit all objects from all layers
> when making big changes?

Not at the moment.  Patches are always welcome though.

> I'm new here.

Welcome!  Thanks for using Dia.
Please do stick around and help out in any way you can.

> If this sort of q is off topic, just let me know and you'll have my
> apologies :-)

No problem your question is fine.  This list is for users and developers
of Dia.  Always helps if you do a quick search of the mailing list
archives before asking questions though but I dont expect this topic has
been mentioned before, at least not recently.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

Dia is for Diagrams  http://gnome.org/projects/dia/