Re: patch: add fill and line color properties to UML activity

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Tim Olsen wrote:

> Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 00:51:01 -0500
> From: Tim Olsen <tolsen718 gmail com>
> To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
> Subject: patch: add fill and line color properties to UML activity
>
> Hello.  I found myself in need of changing the fill color on the UML
> activity object, so I patched up the current CVS to add fill and
> (while I was at it) line color properties to it.
>
> I barely know GTK so you'll definitely want to sanity check this.  I
> just copied over the appropriate lines from UML/state.c.
>
> I also changed PROP_STD_TEXT_COLOUR to PROP_STD_TEXT_COLOUR_OPTIONAL
> to match state.c.  I'm not suree if that was the right thing to do.

First of all thanks for making the effort to help improve Dia.

If I recall correctly the preferred format for patches is
diff -u  ideally cvs diff -u (and some developers like to use other
options too.  if you can provide a changelog entry too the
developers might find it helpful, other projects seem to appreciate it if
you do).

It is best to submit patches as seperate files and attach them, and so
that they do not get forgotten we generally prefer if you can create a
report in bugzilla and attach the patch there and make sure to add the
PATCH keyword.  We really do appreciate your efforts, thanks.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan