Explaining Dia: green|red buttons

Every  Dia's user knows about some green|black|red  buttons (or boxes or
small square dots) appearing in a diagram when an object is selected.

And sometimes, a  green button becomes  red  to indicate a "binding" between
two objects: the green button occuppies the same place of a connection
point.

But not all red buttons indicate bindings.

I propose that any green o red button change  to blue to indicate a binding
has occured. I choose blue because blue is the already chosen color to
display connection points.

More detailed arguments in favor of the proposal:

There is not a complete explanation about theese matters in the manual (and
perhaps it is not needed for the general user: one learns faster by using a
tool than by reading about it).

But in order to produce an explanation ....
I detected three situations about red buttons associated to different types
of lines: (all of theese buttons are good to change the form of the line)

1- red buttons which became green when moved to indicate a corresponding
binding has been broken; and go back to red when a binding is made.
Try, for example, 'line' and 'zigzagline'.

2 - red buttons which never change color and cannot be binded to other
objects.
Try, for example, 'zigzagline' and 'arc'.

3 - red buttons which never change color but can be binded to other objets.
Try, for example, 'polylyne' or 'bezier' with at least two segments.
--
Loli
loli unsa edu ar