Re: chinese support glitches?

Dia seems to ignore key states such as Control, Alt
etc. (disp_callbacks.c -> ddisplay_canvas_events -> case
GDK_KEY_PRESS) So you can't activate XIM by Control + Space
and I can do by Shift + Space.

Please try to change activation key of XIM to Shift + Space
if you can.

In <1078512601.3886.13.camel@debian>
  "Re: chinese support glitches?" on Sat, 06 Mar 2004 02:50:02 +0800,
  Yao Heling <hyao@sina.com> wrote:
> > Please tell me how to setting fcitx. I want to try it.
> In your .xinitrc file:
snip
> Press Ctrl + Space to activate it (you need to have installed simplified
> chinese fonts installed)

Thanks. I could try it.

> Tried but doesn't work. Actually when I run uim-xim from the command
> line, it says "UIM-XIM bridge. Now only supports Japanese.", and the

You don't need use uim-xim. You can use uim-gtk. I could
input Chinese (but I don't know Chinese :<) by uim-py and
uim-pyunihan.

You can already input Chinese by uim which is activated
Shift + Space if you run dia in LANG=zh_CN*. Otherwise you
maybe need to select uim-py or uim-pyunihan from popup menu
-> Input Methods.