Re: chinese support glitches?

Thanks for the detailed instruction; at least I learned how to make deb
packages though I didn't get dia to input chinese into DiaText. Now the
details:

1. I followed your instructions, applied the patch, built and installed
the dia*debs, and still, I can't activate XIM (fcitx in my case) - that
is, pressing Ctrl + Space does nothing.

2. Maybe it's because the XIM program (fcitx) I use doesn't support
gtk+'s immodule, so I tried to use uim; I installed quite a few uim
related debs, but am at a loss what to do with each - in a word, I don't
know how to use it; Even if I get uim to work, it doesn't support the
input method I'm used to, so I give tring to using uim;

3. Now a simple question: do I have to use a XIM that supports gtk+'s
immodule to input chinese charaters (possibly other languages that use
XIM as well)onto dia's canvas? If that's true, is it a bug; as I can
input chinese into other gtk2 program and even the property dialog by
double clicking on dia objects.

4. Not only DiaText has this issue, but dia other objects (e.g. UML ->
Small Package) that require to type characters directly onto the canvas.
So even if your patch works with text, you may have to produce a patch
for each of this kind of objects.

So I have a proposal, is it posssible to change DiaText, UML-> Small
Package etc. to use property dialogs, i.e., when one clicks on the
object, a property dialog pops up so one can input whatever characters
into the dialog.

I don't know much about gtk+'s immodule, but I think XIM is a more
widespread and accepted mechanism for inputing i18n characters; as dia
is such a nice program, why don't make its i18n support first-rate by
supporting XIM seamlessly without adding more dependencies?

Well, I'm not aware of the technical merits or implementation
difficulties for the internals of dia, so the above are just my 2 cents
as a dia user who'd like to see a better dia.

Thank you for your time,

Joseph H. Yao

ÔÚ2004Äê03ÔÂ05ÈÕµÄ10:19£¬Kouhei SutouдµÀ£º