Re: UML-Conformity

Am Freitag, 18. Juni 2004 02:58 schrieb Andrew Ross:

> > > The thing to do (and I'm mentioning this in bug 65430) is to have a
> > > default placement but also a handle so the user can adjust it.  Such a
> > > handle is used in several other objects.  The switch between
> > > automatically placed and user-placed should be controlled in the same
> > > way as auto-routing for zig-zag lines.  Good little project for
> > > somebody with a bit of time on their hands.
> >
> > On the other hand these properties are usless. I must use the text
> > element to display multiplicities, roles and message names.
>
> Why would you need the text element, when the only issue with
> multiplicities, roles, message names etc is their poor automatic
> placement? The two bugs I previously mentioned (65430 and 118313) raise
> two different approaches to solving this problem (improve automatic
> placement, and provide a manual placement option), and it looks both
> will (eventually) be implemented - yay!

Hooray for bug sollutions. I'm quite correct when it comes to multiplicities.
Only a hollow or filled diamond is not enough for me, I want zeros, n-s and
m-s and that stuff. Imagine some for-loop in sequence diagrams, messages with
repetition counts, if-s and stuff. When using actual versions I have to
emulate this by text elements to give a complete description of sequences or
entity-container-relationships...

Poor alignment makes a diagram unreadable. Multiplicities drawn within classes
are not quite good. And messages with off-cut underlength letters
(underscore, characters like g) are also hard to read. So I need a
workaround. Using the text element is the only way...until these bugs will be
fixed.