Re: editor for shapes ?

On 02.12.2004 18:58, xavier wrote:
[...]
what about a way to edit connexions points of a image ?
this way, we can create any cool image (yeah, bitmap, but still...)
we want, with gimp or anything else, then import it and edit
the connexions points ?

What about trying out what you have learned from the
other mail? (And a little combining;)

Add an image, draw a polgon which provides your desired
connection points, save as .shape.

Voila: a new shape file. If you remove the polygon and some
of the connection points you didn't intend you'll get
something like :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<shape xmlns="http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns"; xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";>
<name>Misc - Client</name>
<icon>client.png</icon>
<connections>
<point x="2.85" y="4.15"/>
<point x="3.7" y="1.1"/>
<point x="8.55" y="1.2"/>
<point x="8.6" y="6.05"/>
<point x="2.75" y="9.55"/>
<point x="3.275" y="2.625"/>
<point x="6.125" y="1.15"/>
<point x="8.575" y="3.625"/>
<point x="5.675" y="7.8"/>
</connections>
<aspectratio type="fixed"/>
<svg:svg>
<svg:image x="0" y="0" width="10" height="10" xlink:href="client.png"/>
</svg:svg>
</shape>

Which appears to be pretty close to what you requested ...

	Hans