Re: Create links between objects on differents layers

>> Most CAD packages with multiple layers (or GIMP) have the
>> notion of active and visible layers. Any layer marked
>> active can be connected, edited, moved, etc.
>
> Yes, that'd be what we're going for.  I'm not sure if I want to have
> connecting and editing being the same activation -- there are definite
> uses for being able to connect to objects that you cannot select.
>
> A trickier question is what happens when you try to select Same Type or
> Transitive where some of the objects are on non-active layers.

That's why most packages support visible vs. 'active'. Fix
would be allowing links to all visible layers w/ modification
and select commands acting only on active layers. That's
cheaking slightly on the usual defintion of visible-but-not-
active, but seems w/in the expected usage for dia.

                                            +1 888 359 3508