Re: Create links between objects on differents layers

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 15:35, Luc Cessieux wrote:
> Hello, sorry for my english
>
> I would like to develop a new functionality in order to create links between
> objects on differents layers.
>
> Is that possible ? Did someone ever try to do that ?

Should be possible, I thought about it but didn't get to
implementation.  I was thinking that the best would be to let the layers
dialog allow selection of whether layers other than the active layer can
be connected to, kinda like Gimp has with moving layers.

> If it is,
> what are the files in which I must search to do this modification ?

The main UI thing would be to have it marked in the Layers dialog.
Other than that, there's just a number of places where references to
active_layer should be replaced with an iteration over the layers that
are linkable.  I think that's enough.

> Furthermore I would like to create new objects with properties like a UML
> objects.
> Where can I find documentations on that ?

That's a trickier problem.  The UML objects use hand-crufted GTK to do
their special things.  There have been plans to make the PROP_LIST do
that thing (it's not used right now).  It'd be great to get that done.
It could be done in a manner similar to the PROP_FRAME.

Try http://faemalia.org/wiki/view/Technical/DiaEditor, it seems to work.