Re: Getting vector graphics from dia to MS Office

* Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere@teaser.fr> [2004-04-15 16:28]:
> On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 13:33, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
>
> > I stand corrected. What do they use these days?
>
> For MacOS X CoreGraphics graphic layer, it is PDF.  PICT is still
> supported and used when QuickDraw, the old graphic layer, is used
> (which is the case in lof of "ported" apps, like MSFT's, Adobe's,
> Macromedia's, etc).

I read that the PICT format was obsolete, substandard, and not
recommended for anything.. but they didn't give any specifics.

So far I've found PICT to be the only practical way to get a dia
vector image into M$ Word/Powerpoint.. though I'm unsure at this point
whether it's a vector image or whether it's getting converted to
Raster along the way.  The file is binary, so I'm speculating that
ImageMagick is not capable of producing vectors.