Knowledge Representation with Dia and DB support

Knowledge representation with Dia

I am planning to begin a project where KR models like semantic network
could be supported in Dia.  I have developed a gnowledge manager called
GNOWSYS, and would like to collect the objects which are organized and
networked from the database and get the diagrams drawn automatically
using python scripting support.

Will try to do it as a plugin to connect to the database using XPL-RPC.
The idea is when one adds a graphical object, the object and the name,
attributes etc will be added directly in the GNOWSYS.  Eventually I wish
to develop a client that displays the datamodel as well as the
information using graphical representation tool.

GNOWSYS also supports XML exports in the form of XTM and OWL standards.
May be I can try to use this mode to draw diagrams initially without
establishing connection to the database.

I haven't yet looked at the code of Dia as yet.  any suggestions as to
which module of Dia source should I look at for doing the above may be
suggested.

Let me however inform you, that this will be done only as a plugin and
will not try to disturb the original objective of Dia in any way!

Nagarjuna
www.gnowledge.org