Re: wrapping text

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 23:29, Lars Clausen wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 07:05, Nagarjuna G. wrote:
> > Dia's progress has been amazing. I congratulate both the developers and
> > users for such a nice tool.
> >
> > I think the convenience of wrapping text when bound to a box, will be
> > very useful.  Is this very difficult to implement?
>
> Might not be.  Pango has support for word wrapping, so if we can tie
> into that, it should be easy.  Right now, box size is frequently
> determined by text size, there may be some confusion if the other way
> around becomes possible.
>
> > Another feature desirable is to make text align to the shape of the
> > path.
>
> That we are probably not going to do.  Dia is a diagram editor, not a
> vector drawing tool or DTP program.

Though this feature may look very fancy, and mostly used for logo
designs and DTP professionals, some times while drawing and labeling
text  for arcs etc in diagrams it is very useful.  This also conserves
some space, and the trouble to have an additional legend to the figure.

But I do agree that this feature request can be made low priority.  I
checked with sdraw, which has text box (frame) support.  This feature in
dia will be very useful.

Thanks!

Nagarjuna