Max size of an object?

I am working with a large tree.  Each node in the tree needs to contain
three lines of text.  I have made a simple rectangular object with width of
20 and height of 3 to do this.  Easy enough.

But some of the text is longer than the width of the object.  I need this
text to be chopped off instead of the object resizing itself.  How would I
go about this?  Text in the object is left and top justified.

Thanks a LOT

  Craig A.