Accelerator keys in Dia 0.92.2

I have not been able to get the accelerator keys to work.  I could not
find instructions in the manual, and only know about the accelerator
keys from the faq, which says to simply highlight the option in the
menu, and press the key combination.

I tried highlighting Objects :: Group, and I pressed control-D
(since control-d doesn't work for delete, I figure it's not mapped).
That did not work.  I also tried alt-d, control-1, alt-1, and none of
them work.

How do I know whether I'm trying to assign a key combination that is
either already taken, or invalid?  Is there a list of claimed and
unclaimed hotkeys published somewhere?