Re: errors in color_convert routines

At 19:48 23.09.03 GMT, David LaPointe wrote:
>I'm new to the list.  So, if this is not the right list for me to post to
>for this type of question, please let me know.  Also, please forgive any
>ettiquette errors I might make.

It's perfectly fine to ask though the answer sometimes takes quite
some time and it may be not that helpful ...

>I checked the FAQ and searched the list
>archives several different ways before asking this, and I don't see anything
>like this in either of those places.  I keep getting the following errors.
>(dia.exe:2432): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_delete: General case not
>implemented
>
>(dia.exe:2432): Gdk-WARNING **: window 0x00020582 unexpectedly destroyed
>** (dia.exe:2432): WARNING **: color_convert failed.
>
>I'm running Microsoft's remote desktop client on a windows XP machine to
>connect to a windows 2000 server over terminal services to run dia ver.
>0.91.

That sounds like quite an unusal setup. I think there are not many runing
Dia on winXP and even less over terminal services. Could you simplify
your configuraton a little to check if the problem persists than ?

One thing I could imagine is your server is running a low color mode
256 colors? OTOH this may be total nonsense - I simply don't know if
terminal services are in any aspect similar to XWindows ...

>Does anyone know of any way to avoid this?  Something in the above list of
>errors has the result that everything in the diagrams displayed through dia
>show up as all black.  So, dia is completely useless in the face of these
>errors.

The first two messages are quite common if you close a diagram, but
I never have seen the third message.

>Any help would be appreciated.
Is Dia's misbehaviour in any way related to what you are doing or
does it just happen right from the beginning ?

	Hans