errors in color_convert routines

I'm new to the list.  So, if this is not the right list for me to post to
for this type of question, please let me know.  Also, please forgive any
ettiquette errors I might make.  I checked the FAQ and searched the list
archives several different ways before asking this, and I don't see anything
like this in either of those places.  I keep getting the following errors.
(dia.exe:2432): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_delete: General case not
implemented

(dia.exe:2432): Gdk-WARNING **: window 0x00020582 unexpectedly destroyed
** (dia.exe:2432): WARNING **: color_convert failed.

I'm running Microsoft's remote desktop client on a windows XP machine to
connect to a windows 2000 server over terminal services to run dia ver.
0.91.

Does anyone know of any way to avoid this?  Something in the above list of
errors has the result that everything in the diagrams displayed through dia
show up as all black.  So, dia is completely useless in the face of these
errors.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dave