Re: Will we get a problem?

Quoting Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille@chepelov.org>:
> We can take an object or shape out of the sheets, which make it
> disappear from the interface, while still shipping the object/shape
> definition proper (so that diagrams created with earlier versions can still
> be
> loaded)

Good, so a later fix will not hurt anybody.

> As for the "questionable quality" of the Cisco sheet, I find it very
> nice to generate diagrams which look exactly like Cisco diagrams, which

D'accord.

> can be a quality in certain environments (have you tried to print such a
> diagram, or did you just complain based on the screen quality ?). There

I nearly never print out anything, if I'm not forced to.
But for printing large solid black areas are not very good, IMHO.
dia should have hatching like XFig :-)

> is some duplication, because Cisco makes some subtle differences in some
> items, and it may or may not make a difference to some.
> As for the icons in the Cisco sheet, they've been auto-generated, and
> yes maybe hand-tuned icons might be nicer to the look... you are welcome
> to contribute some, it's not difficult to do at all.

My problem is that the various Cisco elements are looking
very different from other dia elements.  E.g. while the Network,
UML, and SDL elements look also different, at least they are all
black outline, white background, few lines, relatively abstract.
The Cisco elements are white outline, black background, many
lines, sometimes pseudo-realistic pictures.  It's only about
consistency.  I would be totally satisfied, if at least black
and white would be interchanged and the icons would be 22x22
like all other dia icons.

For the Assorted stuff it's different: The look is more dia-like,
but one would expect them to look more "professional" and to have
more "features" - if compared to e.g. the UML elements and some
of the Network elements.  If these things can be changed/fixed
in the future (if someone spends time for it) it's good.  Ff
later changes would be not allowed, because compatibility breaks,
it would be bad.

Cheers!