Re: solaris sparc perfomance

On 6 Oct 2003, Dmitry Perfilyev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a Sun Ultra5/sparc 400MHz with 256Mb and dia (<=0.92-pre4)
> perfomanceon it is rather bad on ever not very complex diagrams.
> For example - autodial diagram on autodial itself:
>
> http://www.dp.co.ru/dia/autodia.out.xml      (~190Kb)
> http://www.dp.co.ru/dia/autodia.out.xml.gz     (~7Kb)
>
> I mean slow for scrolling page and moving big objects with
> many connections. Though small objects with single connection
> moved quickly.
> Is my hardware weak or may be something in configuration ?
> What recommended hardware configuration (sparc/intel) to run dia with
> about 50 class objects with many connections ?
> Also very interesting if someone try to load  autodia.out.xml (above)
> on own hardware and report for perfomance.

400MHz AMD K6, 386M mem.  Scrolling at 100% zoom there's a slight delay
after moving the mouse.  At 50% zoom, there's several seconds delay.  I
believe this is the same as 0.91, caused by the non-cached rendering with
Pango.  It's not going to be better in 0.92, but it's really high on the
list for 0.93.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor