Re: inputting greek text

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 07:49, Lars Clausen wrote:
> On 3 Oct 2003, Joshua Haberman wrote:
> > I have been having good experiences with Dia in the last few weeks.  I
> > have been using it to create diagrams for my senior thesis in computer
> > science and also for an introduction to the Arch revision control
> > system [1].
>
> Glad you like it.
>
> > For the latter I would like to create a text label containing a
> > lowercase greek delta.  I don't have a lot of experience with
> > internationalization and alternate character sets, but I found the
> > Character Map application (I'm using RedHat 9) which let me find a font
> > that has a good greek delta.  I had it copy a delta to the clipboard.  I
> > attempted to paste that into Dia, but it would always take my CTRL+V to
> > mean "paste whatever objects were last copied to the clipboard in dia."
> >
> > I read around some more and discovered that the default input method for
> > GTK 2.0 will let you use CTRL+SHIFT+Numbers to input a unicode character
> > by code.  This works in GTK textboxes, but not with a Dia label.
>
> Indeed.  Plans are to replace the Dia label input method with GTK textboxes
> to get around this.

May I recommend the EelEditableLabel code for this. Its what nautilus
uses for renames in the icon view. Its essentially a multiline GtkEntry.
Of course, if you look at the code for it you can also see how to
integrate input methods with the Dia label code if you want.

                   alexl@redhat.com    alla@lysator.liu.se
He's a shy hunchbacked cat burglar with a winning smile and a way with the
ladies. She's a supernatural belly-dancing research scientist who can talk to
animals. They fight crime!