Re: Unicode in .eps output

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 07:48, Lars Clausen wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2003, Gerard Milmeister wrote:
> > I installed dia 0.92-pre4 because 0.91 didn't work
> > with pango 1.2.5.
> > However Unicode characters in eps output is wrong. I used
> > for example uppercase gamma, and a different character
> > appears in the Postscript file, although png output is
> > correct. If I recall correctly in 0.91 the PS output
> > was correct.
>
> This is with Pango rendered output?  PS fonts don't handle Unicode at all,
> really.
Ok, I understand now. Using the commandline converter dia 0.91
used the pango renderer by default, but 0.92 uses the PS fonts.
Is it possible to choose the renderer on the command line?
Shouldn't it be possible to use Unicode characters in Postscript?
The Pango fonts don't look well in PDF, although they print
correctly.

> Indeed.  We should have a more usable way to pass parameters to the export
> filters.  Currently only the PNG export takes parameters, and it does that
> in a kludgy way.
But not on the command line, or does it?

Another problem is that the bounding box is too large at the bottom if
there is a text object is at the bottom.

Also there is no correspondence between the font size in dia
and the font size in the generated .eps file. I would like to
specify 10pt font and actually have a 10pt font in Postscript.
Otherwise I have to scale the graphics in TeX, and I can do
this only visually to exactly match the font size in the main
text.

--
Gérard Milmeister
Tannenrauchstrasse 35