Exporting With Text On Win32

I have made a diagram, that I want to export to some suitable format, so
I can include the diagram in a word processing document made with Open
Office. I have some problems:

1) The exported image looks fine, but all the text is missing. I also
get the "compiled without libart/text" message when exporting. Is that
the reason?

2) Right now, I export to png, but it doesn't look as good when printed
as when I print directly from dia. Is there any format that Open Office
might be able to insert into a text document, that will preserve the
quality of the diagram (some vector format, or...) ?

/David