Re: Silly question about C++

On 24 Nov 2003, Marco Contenti wrote:
> [...]

I've considered the problem several times (you're not the first to ask),
and my basic response is:  It's a big enough change that I don't want to do
it until after 1.0.

I'm of the inclination that 1.0 should be released when I no longer feel I
have to apologize for anything in Dia.  Sure, some things may be nice to
add, but there are things (text rendering in particular) that are just too
shameful to call 1.0.  Once they are fixed, 1.0 can come out, and 1.1 might
be an experimental conversion to C++.

The worst problem I see with C++ as such is that it's easy to overuse
features and get unreadable code.  But then, using AHOOC is tricky, too.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor