Re: dia segfault when exporting with builtin eps converter

On 8 Nov 2003, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Ainsi parlait Lars Clausen :
>> On 7 Nov 2003, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>>> [guillaume@durruti presentation]$ dia --export-to-format=eps-builtin
>>> schema_general.dia
>>> -> segfault
>>> [guillaume@durruti presentation]$ dia -e schema_general.eps
>>> schema_general.dia
>>> -> works
>>>
>>> What is really weird, however, is that it fails 100% on one of my box,
>>> but only 80% only on another. Both are running cooker (mandrake
>>> experimental distribution) with almost same upgrade level. dia version
>>> is 0.92.2 in both cases.
>>
>> Can you send me the diagram you're trying to export?  Converting N
>> different diagrams with 0.92.2 eps-builtin hasn't given me a single
>> crash.
> They are available from http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/tmp

They all go through nicely for me, so it must be something in your setup.

>> You may also want to check what the versions of the required libraries
>> are (especially freetype2 can give trouble).
> Here they are:
> [guillaume@durruti presentation]$ for lib in `ldd /usr/bin/dia | cut -d ' ' -f
> 3`; do rpm -qf $lib; done | sort | uniq
> dia-0.92.2-1mdk
> glibc-2.3.2-15mdk
> libart_lgpl2-2.3.16-1mdk
> libatk1.0_0-1.4.1-1mdk
> libaudiofile0-0.2.4-1mdk
> libbonobo2_0-2.4.2-1mdk
> libbonoboui2_0-2.4.1-1mdk
> libesound0-0.2.32-1mdk
> libexpat0-1.95.6-4mdk
> libfontconfig1-2.2.1-6mdk
> libfreetype6-2.1.4-5plf

I've seen some problems with freetype even up to 2.1.5 crashing, but the
newest CVS version working.  You may want to try that.

>>> BTW, this eps thingie should really get more advertised, it has made me
>>> almost insane with my latex-generated pdf slides...
>>
>> It's in the man page and on the web site.  Where else should it go?
> Dunno, I was more thinking about the general formulation. Something in
> the lines of "Why are my fonts so ugly when converting eps files produced
> by dia in pdf ?" that could also refer to the same FAQ.

I shall look at the FAQ at first opportunity.  Which may be some time from
now, given my schedule.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor