Re: focus_out event returns wrong user data

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Philippe Faes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I put a gtk-object in a container. This container was pushed and poped as
> dialog container (I'm programming a new property):
>

> prop_dialog_container_push(sl_prop->dialog,GTK_WIDGET(sl_prop->container));
> gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(button),"focus_out_event",
>    	           GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(smartlist_subobj_focus_out_callback),
>  	           GINT_TO_POINTER(0x10101010));
> /*add some more objects to container*/
> prop_dialog_container_pop(sl_prop->dialog);
>

> Problem is I don't get my user data 0x10101010 as argument in my callback
> function. I get some other value.  Strange effect: if I use the "clicked"
> event, all works fine.
>
> Is this a GTK problem, or does some of the DIA code mess up my user data?
> I do consider the possibility that it is all my own fault, and that I'm
> writing to dangling pointers, but I can't find any error of that kind.

I don't think Dia messes with any of that.  Do you have the right prototype
for smartlist_subobj_focus_out_callback?  Remember that different events
pass different numbers of arguments.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor