default font

All,

I've got pre4 working!  It's a real step up from 0.88.  Now, a few simple
questions, if I may.

1.  How is the menu font chosen?  My menu is really tiny, 6 or 8 points,
I'd say.  Do I have to set my X server to "know" I'm running 100 dpi?  Old
GTK apps looked fine, but Dia and Bluefish are now very hard to read.  On
my RH box -- which runs in 800x600 on a 15" monitor, approximately 72 dpi
-- everything looks fine.  My NetBSD workstation runs 1280x1024 on a 19"
monitor and represents itself as 75 dpi (according to xdpyinfo) but in
reality is more like 120.  Does Dia/GTK2/Pango pay attention to that
information?

2.  Does this message matter?  "Could not find plugin init function in
`/usr/local/lib/dia/libxslt_filter.la'"  (I could just kiss the guy who
made dialog box messages selectable for the clipboard.)

3.  How do I teach Dia that "netscape" is not the way to launch a browser
on my system?

I'm sorry if these questions have been asked and answered before.  I read
the list regularly, but searching the archive for "font" is like searching
the New York Times archive for Iraq these days.

Many thanks.

--jkl