Re: pre4 on NetBSD, round 2

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 09:25:10 -0500, "James K. Lowden"
<jklowden@schemamania.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 22:22:10 -0600, Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> wrote:
> >

> The errors indicate FT_Bitmap isn't defined.  FT_Bitmap is in
> /usr/pkg/include/freetype2/freetype/ftimage.h, but that file is not
> included, see attached.
> I know this is going to turn out to be easy; I just hope it doesn't turn
> out to be stupid.

Success!

Lars told me offlist that Freetype 1 was getting in the way.  I didn't
have any dependencies on Freetype 1, so I de-installed it and
reconfigured. That allowed Dia to build!

A couple of notes about the experience.

1.  libart2 is required if "configure" is run with no switches, but
configure doesn't complain if it's not installed.

2.  Most of dia can be built with BSD make, but the UML sheet requires Gnu
make.

Not that it runs.  I have to do something with fonts on the X server, it
seems.  I have two X servers: one on NetBSD (3.2.2) and one on Red Hat 7.2
(4.2.0).  Now for some breakfast, and to set up fontconfig.

My thanks once again to Lars for his patient help.

--jkl

$ dia
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display "lowden:0.0".
No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org