pre4 on NetBSD, round 2

[in our last episode, our hero discovered a weirdly installed version of
freetype2 in /usr/X11R6.  He sent a summons for help to netbsd.org, but no
help has arrived.  Perhaps the messenger was ambushed!  But, by the mere
trick of rejiggering his PATH, the ../configure gang was diverted to
Completion!  Return with us now to the story of ... "Compiling Dia".]

(Music up and fade.  Zoom in on Make, hard at work and complaining.)

To get the configure script to stop complaining, I added a symlink:

$ ls -l  /usr/pkg/include//freetype2/
total 2
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  1024 Mar  2 00:31 freetype
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    47 Mar  6 21:00 freetype.h ->
/usr/pkg/include//freetype2/freetype/freetype.h

Otherwise it wouldn't find <freetype2/freetype.h>.  Can anyone explain why
it should?  Because Lars's does.  I'm sure my symlink is masking something
more basic.

Nevertheless, configure configured, and encouraged me to try "make", so I
did and it didn't.

Problem appears atm to be Pango, per prior message.  A complete listing of
pkg-config is attached.  I have the requisite pango afaik:

$ pkg_info |grep pango
pango-1.2.1         Library for layout and rendering of text
$ pkg-config --version pango
0.15.0
$ pkg-config --version pangoft2
0.15.0

But: In file included from ../../lib/font.c:31:
/usr/pkg/include/pango-1.0/pango/pangoft2.h:52: parse error before `*'
/usr/pkg/include/pango-1.0/pango/pangoft2.h:57: parse error before `*'

... because there's no definition of FT_Bitmap:

45-/* Calls for applications */
46-PangoContext      *pango_ft2_get_context       (double dpi_x,
47-						   double dpi_y);
48-PangoFontMap      *pango_ft2_font_map_for_display (void);
49-void               pango_ft2_shutdown_display     (void);
50-
51-
52:void	pango_ft2_render (FT_Bitmap        *bitmap,
53-			  PangoFont        *font,
54-			  PangoGlyphString *glyphs,
55-			  gint              x,
56-			  gint              y);

... nor any FT_Bitmap can I find on my system.  Am I behind?  Where is it
defined for you?

Thanks very much.

--jkl

$ pkg-config --list-all
gmodule             GModule - Dynamic module loader for GLib
gdk-pixbuf-xlib-2.0 GdkPixbuf Xlib - GdkPixbuf rendering for Xlib
gdk-x11-2.0         GDK - GIMP Drawing Kit (x11 target)
glib                GLib - C Utility Library
gmodule-2.0         GModule - Dynamic module loader for GLib
fontconfig          Fontconfig - Font configuration and customization
library
gdk-pixbuf-2.0      GdkPixbuf - Image loading and scaling
gtk+-x11-2.0        GTK+ - GIMP Tool Kit (x11 target)
libxml-2.0          libXML - libXML library version2.
gthread             GThread - Thread support for GLib
libIDL              libIDL - IDL parsing library
glib-2.0            GLib - C Utility Library
gobject-2.0         GObject - GLib Type, Object, Parameter and Signal
Library
gthread-2.0         GThread - Thread support for GLib
pangoft2            Pango FT2 - Freetype 2.0 font support for Pango
gtk+-2.0            GTK+ - GIMP Tool Kit (x11 target)
pangox              Pango X - X Window System font support for Pango
pangoxft            Pango Xft - Xft font support for Pango
xft                 Xft - X FreeType library
ORBit               ORBit - High-performance CORBA Object Request Broker.
pango               Pango - Internationalized text handling
gdk-2.0             GDK - GIMP Drawing Kit (x11 target)
atk                 Atk - Accessibility Toolkit
libxml              libXML - libXML library.