Re: ERD with attributes in dia

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Steve Kieu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new dia user and so to this list, so if I am
> dumb on something pls correct me. I am using Dia 0.91
> to draw entity relationship diagram, but in the
> symmbol from dia only entity and weak entity, it
> doesn't have entity with attributes which I need. At
> the moment I have to draw a retangular box place under
> the entity shape :-) and type text inside and if I
> need to move the entity around, I need to move that
> rectangular too (not group)
>
> How can I make such an object, an entity with
> attributes. Or anyone has it already?

The ER sheet is rather skimpy at the moment.  Depending on how advanced
such an entity needs to be, you can either make the object in Dia and save
it as a shape, or program a new object entirely (see the Dia TWiki
<URL:http://faemalia.org/wiki/view/Technical/DiaEditor> for more info on
that).  Contributions are most welcome, as are pointers to descriptions of
ER shapes.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor