Re: subscripts/superscripts and symbols

Alan Horkan wrote:

> On 8 Jun 2003, Rajarshi Guha wrote:

> > symbols can be
>
> I imagine copy and paste from gucharmap or charmap or whatever would work.
> Failing that you can open the .dia file in a text editor, find the text
> and manually insert the symbol using whatever method your favourite text
> editor provides and then testing to see if Dia can succesfully open the
> file.

Been there, done that. Seems to work pretty good but is kind of a hassle.
You have the set it to not compress the file when saved so you can open it
in the editor and use the Gnome Character Map to select the symbol.

Unless things have changed text is a whole object and you can't paste
individual characters from other apps into the text. One method that might
work if dia was made to use a feature like Ctrl-V in vi to insert special
characters that are in the extended ascii set. My method of inserting
them via an editor doesn't change the font type but uses the ascii characters
above 127. Using a Ctrl-V like feature and inserting the numerical ascii
code would be a simple way to address this.