Re: subscripts/superscripts and symbols

Hi there!

I guess the best solution you can find to write subscripts/superscripts,
and symbols is to use latex commands, but in order to have an
"easy-to-use" integration of such utility, you might need to wait for
the June 19th at the earliest, and the come back of Lars Clausen.

For more information :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2003-May/msg00065.html

As it seems it would be a major enhancement, would it be a reason for a
release (0.92)?

Best regards

ben

 > From: Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi@presidency.com>
 > To: dia-list@gnome.org
 > Subject: subscripts/superscripts and symbols
 >
 > Hi,
 >   is there any method by which

 > subscripts/superscripts

dont think so

 > symbols can be

I imagine copy and paste from gucharmap or charmap or whatever would work.
Failing that you can open the .dia file in a text editor, find the text
and manually insert the symbol using whatever method your favourite text
editor provides and then testing to see if Dia can succesfully open the
file.

Let me know how you get on, this is really something I should know but I
do so little typing in Dia I
barely use the whole English alphabet.

Getting gucharap to work as a plugin (i hope to $deity it is pure gtk
only) might be nice but watch out, abiword did that and then the API was
changed without warning.

Good luck

- Alan