Re: very irritative problem

On 23 Jul 2003, Rajarshi Guha wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 14:25, Lars Clausen wrote:
>> On 23 Jul 2003, Rajarshi Guha wrote:
>>> I had the idea that if I clicked on one of the reference squares after
>>> selecting the group I would be able to move the object.
>>
>> I see.  No, the references squares really have little purpose other than
>> to show where the group is.  That is in fact less than intuitive.
>
> Would'nt it be good idea to make those reference squares 'resize
> squares'? So that if I click on them I get a vertical (or horizontal)
> double ended arrow so that I could stretch the object?

Yes, they should.  Problem is that not all objects resize linearly -- we
don't yet have a concept of 'scaling', because the resizing really is a
'reshape', allowing change of aspect ratio while keeping line width, text
size etc. the same.

I'd really love to have scale (and rotate), if we could figure out a good
interface for it.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor