Re: configure problem due to libpng dependency on zlib

On 22 Jul 2003, Andrew Marlow wrote:
> dia-list@gnome.org writes:
>>>
>>> I guess it should (Lars?). Maybe you have a slightly too old freetype?
>>
>> Is this perhaps the lack of recursive linking again?  What's the command
>> when it tries to link?
>
> No, that's not the problem. The problem is that configure
> doesn't check that freetype2 is present. I didn't have
> freetype2 at all. Once I got it built and installed,
> dia built fine. Doesn't this mean that configure.in needs
> to be fixed?

That's odd, this should check for PangoFT2 and FT2 as well:

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PANGOFT2,pangoft2,have_pangoft2=true,have_pangoft2=false)
if test "$have_pangoft2" = "true"; then
  dnl On Solaris with Forte C, at least, need to link app/dia with -lfreetype.
  dnl It's not enough that -lpangoft2 implicitly pulls it in.
  have_freetype=false
  AC_CHECK_LIB(freetype,FT_Init_FreeType,have_freetype=true,have_freetype=false,`freetype-config --libs`)
[...]
else
   AC_MSG_ERROR(Can't find PangoFT2 library)
fi

Did it pass the PangoFT2 test before you installed FT2?

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃ¥rdgrim of Numenor