Re: HIGification of dialog boxes

Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

>Well, FWIW, I find the "instant apply" thing extremely confusing and
>frustrating. What's wrong with a cancel button?

Cancel is for modal dialogs.

Property dialogs in GNOME are encouraged to be modeless (a controversial
HIG idea, but not that bad IMO). You're supposed to be able to switch
between document and the line width window.

Instant apply with Revert/Undo button, maybe ? (I don't know if it's
kosher HIG-wise, but it may be nice/useful)

As for switchable instant/explicit - no, please. It's not that easy, and
that time could be better spent on more important things (like getting
rid of the dreaded CSDI model ;-) ).

Krzysztof