RE: Dialogs, Layers Dialog [Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Mon Jul 7 07:23:02 2003 (UTC)]

Title: RE: Dialogs, Layers Dialog [Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Mon Jul 7 07:23:02 2003 (UTC)]

I use layers to organize my diagrams and mainly control visibility of groups of items.  I try to group related items in their own layer.  Layers help me organize diagrams and thoughts.

My one wish is that snaps would be transparent across layers.  As an example, in one application, I had a several objects in the ``base'' layer.  Over that layer I was drawing various diagrams (each on its own layer) consisting mainly of arrows, pointing how the objects interacted under various circumstances.  It would have been much easier if the arrows were connected to the objects on the base layer, as from time to time, I had to re-arrange those.

(Usual disclaimer applies: thanks for the great work.  Hopefully one day I get to contribute something).

Mirko