Re: once more with feeling (now going dotty)

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 dia-list-request@gnome.org wrote:
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oops?

>> I've been thinking about an import filter for dot files -- it would
>> allow some final adjustments of dot-generated graphs.  THere is an
>> option in dot to have it output its own format, but with layout
>> coordinates as annotations.  Being able to read those would be nice.
>
> Golly! coords would be *so* cool - I will have to do a load more work
> with graphviz so I can really make the most of it. I will probably start
> off by allowing a dot format output and automagically using the right
> file format from the filename.

lrclause@shasta:.../dia:) dot -Tdot
digraph Foo { "Foo" -> "Bar" }
digraph Foo {
	node [label="\N"];
	graph [bb="0,0,54,124"];
	Foo [pos="27,98", width="0.75", height="0.50"];
	Bar [pos="27,26", width="0.75", height="0.50"];
	Foo -> Bar [pos="e,27,44 27,80 27,72 27,63 27,54"];
}

Should be easy to parse.

> obDia :
>
> how useful / possible would a code to FSD or even FSD to code tool
> be. UML is *so* passe ;) State Diagrams rock, I haven't really done many
> since uni but I think I could parse out some clues from perl code and
> possibly c++ - anybody else got any ideas.

What kinds of FSD's are you talking about?  Are these things close to
standardized?  Can you give examples?

> finally anybody interested in a chart/graph/related tools website and
> mailing list - maybe something like use.perl.org ?

I'm sure there's some out there already, but I'm too lazy to go look.