re: once more with feeling (now going dotty)

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 dia-list-request@gnome.org wrote:
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> > I just released a new release of autodia - version 1.3, now with added
> > workingness for PHP and C++.

[snip]

> That's good to hear!  It's a very useful tool -- I'll have to try it on
> some of my larger projects now.

thats good news - did you notice your namne in lights^w the credits file ?

I've obviously hit a nerve this time as I got a lot of feedback quite
quickly with this release. about 100 downloads in a couple of days is a
good sign :)

> I've been thinking about an import filter for dot files -- it would allow
> some final adjustments of dot-generated graphs.  THere is an option in dot
> to have it output its own format, but with layout coordinates as
> annotations.  Being able to read those would be nice.

Golly! coords would be *so* cool - I will have to do a load more work with
graphviz so I can really make the most of it. I will probably start off by
allowing a dot format output and automagically using the right file format
from the filename.

several new issues have appeared already but none of them should take long
to fix.

obDia :

how useful / possible would a code to FSD or even FSD to code tool be. UML
is *so* passe ;) State Diagrams rock, I haven't really done many since uni
but I think I could parse out some clues from perl code and possibly c++ -
anybody else got any ideas.

finally anybody interested in a chart/graph/related tools website and
mailing list - maybe something like use.perl.org ?

hope I haven't wondered too far off topic - as always email me direct if
you aren't sure its relevent to the dia list

cheers,

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena - Perl Hacker, Kung Fu Geek, Internet Consultant
AutoDia --- Automatic UML and HTML Specifications from Perl, C++