Re: once more with feeling.. ( new autodia )

On 2 Jan 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: 02 Jan 2003 13:38:35 -0600
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: once more with feeling.. ( new autodia )
>
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> >
> > hi guys,
> >
> > I just released a new release of autodia - version 1.3, now with added
> > workingness for PHP and C++.
> >
> > In case you didn't know what it does - a quick summary :
> > Parses C++, PHP, Perl and JAVA source files and generates stuff
> > outputs dia xml (UML class diagrams)
> > UML class diagrams in gif format (generated with graphviz)
> > outputs HTML through Template Toolkit for handy instant API references or
> > documentation.
>
> That's good to hear!  It's a very useful tool -- I'll have to try it on
> some of my larger projects now.
>
> I've been thinking about an import filter for dot files -- it would allow
> some final adjustments of dot-generated graphs.  THere is an option in dot
> to have it output its own format, but with layout coordinates as
> annotations.  Being able to read those would be nice.

Ideally i would like to see this wrapped in a plugin that allows clueless
newbies (take me for example) from within Dia to select source files, hit
'ok' have autodia execute and process the files and have a New Diagram
appear.

But I am not volunteering to do it which is why i said "ideally", if there
was a bugzilla entry for autodia i would file an RFE.
I suppose i should make an effort at least to put together some sort of an
exec() type plugin or something.

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

PS The Eclipse IDE from IBM has something called EMF (Eclipse Modellng
Framework not Microsofts Enhanced MetaFile) which is somewhat based on XMI
and sounds pretty cool but then i think Eclipse is going to be (if not
already) HUGE.
More things for me to think about...