Moving Forwards & Backwards

Hi,
A couple of days ago my wife found dia in the depths of my linux box. It
seemed just fine except for the lack of some object manipulation options.

So in an idle moment I have added a 'Move Forwards' and 'Move Backwards'
feature against the 0.9 sources. If it isn't obvious, they move and object
forward or backwards one step, rather than all the way to the front or back.

What is the preferred format for such contributions to be presented in?

Thanks,
David Johnston