Re: Help to compile 0.91-prex

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, Dolores Alia de Saravia wrote:

> On Fru, 21 Feb 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Dolores Alia de Saravia wrote:
>> > I'am trying to compile  dia 0.91 (I began 5 days ago because of
>> > vacations).
>
>> > But right now, I would like to understand better the differences
>> > between some "words" appearing in dia.spec and INSTALL files
>> >      Requires
>>
>> This lists the packages necessary to run the compiled code.  Things
> like
>> libgtk2 etc.
>>
>> >      BuildRequires
>>
>> This lists the packages necessary to compile the code.  On top of the
>> development versions of the above, it also includes some compilation
> tools
>> like automake, autoconf and libtool.
>>
> So, if I'm trying to install Pango, Pango-1.1.6,   from the tar.gz
> file,
>    will I need, first, to install the BuildRequired packages?
>    I have found several of them but I have not benn able to find the
>    "xxxxx-devel" ones

They should all be in

http://www.suse.de/us/private/download/gnomes/i386/update_for_8_0/devel.html

Or you can get the tarballs from ftp.gnome.org.  I guess I'll have to make
a diagram of the dependencies:)

> I also actualized my Suse to Suse 8.0 hoping for some of theese
> packages to be already installed: but version numbers ar always less
> than required.

Yeah, Suse doesn't seem to have updated to the recent Gtk2 packages yet.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor