Re: Help to compile 0.91-prex

On Fru, 21 Feb 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Dolores Alia de Saravia wrote:
> > I'am trying to compile  dia 0.91 (I began 5 days ago because of
> > vacations).

> > But right now, I would like to understand better the differences
> > between some "words" appearing in dia.spec and INSTALL files
> >      Requires
>
> This lists the packages necessary to run the compiled code.  Things
like
> libgtk2 etc.
>
> >      BuildRequires
>
> This lists the packages necessary to compile the code.  On top of the
> development versions of the above, it also includes some compilation
tools
> like automake, autoconf and libtool.

So, if I'm trying to install Pango, Pango-1.1.6,   from the tar.gz
file,
   will I need, first, to install the BuildRequired packages?
   I have found several of them but I have not benn able to find the
   "xxxxx-devel" ones

I also actualized my Suse to Suse 8.0 hoping for some of theese
packages to be already installed: but version numbers ar always less
than required.

Can you help me?

Thans once more

Loli
email:  loli@unsa.edu.ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net