Re: Zoom.

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

> They're round numbers on a log scale.

but Why?

> I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a little entrybox in the lower
> left corner of each diagram where you can enter the zoom level.  What use
> dialog?

I forgot about that.
It would help if I kept a copy of Dia handy to check things wouldn't it.

A dialog can have more presets and advanced options than you might want to
cram into a menu or the tool bar/status bar.   Also some people have
come to expect a
dialog from other programs and will aciddentally overlook the zoom box
embedded in the status bar,
particularly if we allow the Status bar to be hidden as per the Gnome
Human Interface Guidelines.

-- Alan