Re: Adding a togglebutton to the property-box

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:41:07PM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
[...]
> Note that the TYPE_ENUM property definition is not entirely fulfilled, as you
> need to provide the different choices (I wonder why it falls back to
> behaving as if it was a PROP_TYPE_INT ?). It sounds perfectly reasonable to
> leave it as an enum (once it's completely defined -- grep for examples),
> you'll just have a combo menu with two items in it, spelt out in plain text
> (I'm not convinced having a checkbox saying "double" is the right thing).

Thanks.

> Are you sure you really need to allocate, construct, copy, then destroy and
> free a temporary copy of a full-blown Line object each time you draw a
> double-line?

Probably not. There is a templine because I first planned on having the
double-line be a little above and below the line that connects the two
handles. However, that turned out cumbersome.

So it's a leftover that I'll remove asap.

> you can indeed break the line down to its individual components
> and call the renderer primitives (or maybe better, add a new method to
> the renderers, with an extra LineCount parameter,  and make its default
> implementation use the basic renderer primitives. Standard - Line then
> delegates to your new renderer method instead of draw_line_with_arrows().

I'd rather not touch the renderers, otherwise I would've made the double-line
a style just like dashed and so on. By having most of this code in the line.c
itself, compatibility is guaranteed (well, I think it is) since everything
seems like just having two lines.

Wkr,
	Sven Vermeulen

--