Re: Drawing components? (UML, CORBA, CCM)

On 11 Aug 2003, ml@knorke.in-berlin.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (how) can I draw CCM-like components in dia?  CCM is the
> CORBA Component Model and one will use UML to describe CCM
> systems.  However, some "arrows" seem to be missing in dia.
>
>               recep                recep
>   facet +---+ tacle    facet +---+ tacle
> o-------|com|-------(o-------|com|-------(
>         |pon|                |pon|
> <>------|ent|-------<<>------|ent|-------<
>  event |_|  | event   event |_|  | event
> source  |   | sink   source  |   | sink
>        |_|  |               |_|  |
>         +---+                +---+
>
> "component" and "implements" (= facet) exist, but
> receptacle, event source and event sink are missing.  A much
> better and more accurate image can be found here:
> http://ccmtools.sourceforge.net/tutorial/node19.html
> (or http://ccmtools.sourceforge.net/tutorial/img27.png).

Given how they connect in a special way (outside their drawn shape), they
may be better off being implemented specifically rather than being
arrowheads.  They shouldn't be hard to adapt from the other UML
connections.  Any takers?

> Second question:
>
> (how) can I add more lines to an UML component?  There seem
> to be only eight connection points by default.  The left
> three of them are not even on the component box, but on the
> bounding box and thence useless to me.

You'll want to see todays CVS (tomorrows anoncvs), I just applied a patch
for that.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor