Re: Adding property to "line"

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 11:19:28AM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> Huh, is it certain that a checkbox is the best thing to do? Shouldn't we
> have an enum an nice graphic comboboxes like for the other line properties?
> (even if we start by implementing only single and double lines, you can
> already argue: how much spacing between the two lines? For instance, if the
> basic line width is "lw", it may be useful to have:
> 	line(lw), space(lw), line(lw)
> but also
> 	line(lw), space(lw/2), line(lw)
> and
> 	line(lw), space(lw*2), line(lw)
> or
> 	foreground(lw), background(lw), foreground(lw)
> and
> 	foreground(lw), background(lw*2), foreground(lw)
> 				this would be a must with foreground=orange,
> 				background=yellow, to sketch a quick map to
> 				a destination which includes motorways
>
> At least, SVG is mute on this topic.

It's ofcourse better to have the implementation more flexible, but I'm
actually just searching for a double-line and hope to have something working
in a decent timeschedule.

Plus it's a good way for me to get used to the dia codebase :) If I get used
to that, perhaps I can contribute (I didn't use dia before until now, but I
really think it's going to help me with my current studies -- give or take
a few features :)

> objects/standard/line.c/line_draw() affects only the "Standard - Line"
> object.

It is on the "Standard - Line" that I want to achieve the double-line
feature. But even when I clear the line_draw() function from dia, the
"Standard - Line" still shows.

When I double-click on that line, I get the properties for it (and it sais
"Properties: Standard - Line") so I'm pretty sure I'm working with the
correct object :)

Wkr,
	Sven Vermeulen

--